By Alex Leggate
I interviewed Jordin Young , Varsity Quarterback, about this year, and what he expects, along with how it is going. These are the questions, and his answers.
1.How do you like being the Starting quarterback on Varsity?
“It’s very fun, I have been playing football for a long time, so it’s good to finally be under the Friday Night Lights. “
2.How are you going to try and one-up last years quarterback, Hayden Roach?
“I will try to play as a team and not care about my individual status”
- What happened at the game versus El Centro?
“We did not play as a team and we were all so eager to finally hit other colors that we were paying for ourselves. We have many Juniors and it was their first game under the lights, so they were a little ‘Star Struck’ you could say.”
- What changes from the El Centro game (Lost 37-17) to the Santana game (Won 34-7)
“We played as a team, and played our hearts out to beat our rivals.”
- What have you brought to the team this year?
“I have brought leadership, and camaraderie for my teammates so we play more as a team”
- How are you guys preparing for the game this week against Mission Bay?
“We are making sure everyone knows what to do for their spots and does their job.”
- You guys have a pretty tough schedule this year, how are you going to prepare for teams like Helix and Steel Canyon?
“We need to make sure that we don’t let the factor of them being a tougher team get in out heads. “
- Since you guys got the new jerseys is there a different “feel” or “vibe” when playing?
“Not really for me, it is still the same old football; just with a better uniform”
- Do you think that after the El Centro game the Juniors have done their jobs and are pulling their weight?
“I definitely do! We have a lot of Juniors on the team and they are a main part of it on all sides of the ball. They have stepped up to the plate and brought their A game”
- Do you think the team will make it far in the playoffs if you do make it?
“I really feel like if everyone steps up we can go very far in the playoffs”